What is Steganography?
Steganography is the art and science of writing hidden messages in such a way that no one, apart from the sender and intended recipient, suspects the existence of the message, a form of security through obscurity.he word steganography is of Greek origin and means "concealed writing". And in computer it can be done with various ways.
Hiding Text in Images - Steganography:
I am going to show that how to hide your message in image file like JPG, GIF or PNG or any other. So that only you or receiver can read the text message hidden in it. For this purpose i will Give you a small software names as ImageHide.
Features of ImageHide:
1. Hide loads of text in images (Steganography)
2. Simple encrypt and decrypt of data
3. No increase in image size
4. Image looks the same to normal paint packages
5. Get past all the mail sniffers
6. Uses RC_4 encryption plus SHA Hashing, So it can't be cracked so easily. Also who knows that a message is hidden in this image so that he may crack it. Think about it :)
7. Hashed Passwords (in image)
8. Can use many different image formats
9. It is totally free of cost.
How to work with ImageHide:
All you have to do is load the image, type the message, and hit Write Data. You can also Encrypt(Password Protect) the message in one click.
Once you have encrypted the message, you can send the image to your friend or co-worker. He/She will be able to read your message only if he/she is using this tool and has entered the correct password. It is quite a handy tool that can be carried anywhere and is free of spyware and malware. What makes this tool stand out from the rest is the lightweight design, easy-to-use interface and portability. Also it is compatible with Windows seven, vista and xp as well.
Tags: Cryptors, Softwares Reviews